UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021: Application Date, Last Date, No of Vacancies – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of 712 vacancies through Civil Service Preliminary Exam 2021 .Interested and eligible candidates may apply online here.
- 1 UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021
|Name of the Examination||No of Vacancy|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021||712|
Name of the Services
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar
- Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021
Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
Age Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Assam: Jorhat and Dispur
General: Rs. 100/-, SC/ ST/ Female & PwBD: Nil,
Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in .The online Applications can be filled up to 24th March, 2021 till 6:00 PM.
Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021
|Staring date of online application||01-03-2021|
|Last date of online application||24-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash):||23-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online)||24-03-2021|
|Date for online application Withdrawn||31-03-2021 to 06-04-2021|
|UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2021||27-06-2021|